Office for Academic and Student Services (OASS)
Undergraduate Academic Petition Process
In keeping with FAU policy, the College of Education allows for an academic petition
to be considered when a particular academic requirement or regulation causes undue
hardship for an undergraduate student.
Petitions cannot be filed for:
Steps to Petitioning:
Complete the College of Education Petition form.
- Write a letter explaining the circumstances of the petition, indicating what you
would like to have happen.
- Supporting evidence must be provided, which may include letters from employers and/or
- Include a letter of support on university letterhead SIGNED by the instructor(s)
of the course(s) in question.
- Submit your petition and all accompanying documents listed above to an Academic
- Students are strongly urged to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor
for further information.
- A decision will be made & communicated to the student via FAU email within 10 days
of receipt of the completed petition submitted with all documentation.
- Failure to include all documentation will result in the petition being returned
to the student with no decision rendered.
- As per FAU’s policy, petitions related to academic withdrawals will not be accepted
after one academic year from the end of the semester in which the course was taken.