2017 Meeting Schedule
FACULTY ASSEMBLY MEETINGS
All Faculty Assembly meetings will take place in Room 313, COE, Boca Raton Campus, with teleconferences in LA 148 (Davie Campus) and EC 202C (Jupiter Campus)
The FA meeting dates (all 10 am - 12 pm, teleconferenced to all three campuses):
- Friday, Sept. 29th
- Friday, Nov. 3rd
- Friday, Jan. 26th
- Friday, April 6th
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Representatives
- Rangasamy Ramasamy, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meredith Mountford, Vice President (email@example.com)
- Yash Bhagwanji, Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carol Tessel, Archivist (email@example.com)
- Traci Baxley, CCEI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carol Tessel, CSD (email@example.com)
- Kelly Emelianchik-Key, CE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mary Lieberman, EDLRM (email@example.com)
- Cynthia Wilson, ESE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Robert Zoeller, ESHP (email@example.com)
- Deborah Harris, T&L (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Traci Catto, OASS (email@example.com)
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Dates (all 10 am - 12 pm, except where noted; not teleconferenced, but reps may join in by phone conference):
All FASC meetings will take place in the Dean’s Conference Room, Boca Raton Campus
- September 22nd (9:00-11:00am and FA Executive Committee meeting with the Dean from 11:00-12:00)
- Wednesday, Oct. 25
- Friday, Jan. 12th
- Friday, March 23rd
Faculty Assembly Executive Committee (FAEC)
- Rangasamy Ramasamy, President
- Meredith Mountford, Vice President
- Yash Bhagwanji, Secretary
- Carol A. Tessel, Archivist
The Faculty Assembly Executive Committee will meet with Dean Bristor directly following the FASC meetings, 12-1 pm
The higher education Faculty of the College of Education is a community of scholars dedicated to the concept that policy making within a college be decentralized to the faculty level. The intent is that policy in the College of Education shall be made in a collegial fashion by the Dean and the Faculty Assembly working cooperatively.
The Assembly is committed to the following governing principles:
- Academic freedom. 
- Open democratic communication and participation.
- Sustaining and creating opportunities for faculty voice in all aspects of the College of Education governance.
- Commitment to a professional ethic that supports multiple/ alternative perspectives.
All full-time members of the higher education faculty of the College who hold tenure or all members who have tenure-earning positions, are voting members except those on leave of absence, sabbatical, or medical leave. This includes chairs, associate deans and deans who hold tenured or tenure-earning positions.
This year's activities have centered around the theme of "COLLABORATE, COORDINATE AND COMMUNICATE". Our MyFAU presence and our web presence are two attempts to address our theme.
 It is the policy of FAU to support academic freedom and responsibility in teaching, research, and other creative activities, and service. Faculty have a right to scholarly inquiry, including the selection of instructional materials without censorship or fear of retaliation. Faculty have a responsibility to conduct scholarly inquiry in an objective and professional manner, which includes the acknowledgement of a variety of scholarly opinions. Florida Atlantic University Constitution and By-laws, revised January 2002, Article II, Section 5, Nr. 9.