Department of Teaching and Learning
Florida Atlantic University – College of Education
Master's Degree (M.Ed.) in Instructional Technology
The M.Ed. Instructional Technology provides tools and skills professionals can use to successfully integrate technology into instruction. Courses and program of study align with current needs of educators, instructional designers and corporate trainers. The program is a fully online graduate degree offered by the College of Education, providing exceptional flexibility for today’s working students.
Program of Studies & Admission Requirements
Possible Career Paths with an Instructional Technology Degree
- Higher Education Settings: Professor (requires a Doctoral Degree), Instructor, Instructional Designer,
- K-12 Education Settings: Teacher (any subject, requires certification separate from this degree), Computer/Technology
Teacher (requires certification separate from this degree), Technology Integration Specialist, Instructional Technology Coordinator
- Business/Corporate Settings: Trainer & Instructional Designer
Career Path Sources
A degree in Instructional Technology will provide you the opportunity to:
- Build the necessary background to enable you to utilize, implement and maintain modern technology in educational and training settings;
- Exchange ideas and collaborate with faculty and colleagues; and
- Gain applied skills in instructional design, distance learning, instructional technology and educational research and statistics.
Program Mission Statement
The program for the masters in instructional technology is to:
- Educate students with the specialized knowledge and competencies required by school teachers and administrators pertaining to research methodologies, measurement, evaluation and the instructional use of technology.
- Support faculty in conducting and disseminating research that will advance the use of technology, research methodologies, evaluation and assessment in a variety of settings to enhance teaching, learning and scholarship.
- Prepare professionals for careers as performance technologists, human factors practitioners, researchers, program evaluators and test developers.
- Prepare highly qualified, capable, ethical professionals who will engage in reflective decision-making and promote and sustain authentic change, excellence and equity.
Graduate Degree Programs: 561-297-3791
Undergraduate Degree Programs: Boca 561-297-3570 Davie 954-236-1028 Jupiter 561-799-8135